Pro Tips to Fix iCloud Syncing Issues on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
When it comes to offering secure and reliable syncing across iDevices, iCloud is the best in the business. You can seamlessly move from one iDevice to another without being lost in transition. But that doesn’t mean iCloud isn’t without any flaws. Recently, a large number of iPhone, iPad, and Mac users highlighted iCloud syncing issues on various platforms. If you too have faced or are facing iCloud syncing issues on your devices, then here are the tips to fix them like a pro.
Prerequisites for iCloud Syncing
Before getting started with the solutions, let’s first check all the essential requirements. In most cases, you can troubleshoot the iCloud syncing problem on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac by taking care of the basics. So, it’s apt to get them out of the way straightaway.
- Make sure you have enabled iCloud Drive on all the devices using the same Apple ID. (Settings app > Your avatar > iCloud > iCloud Drive).
- Be sure to use the same Apple ID/ iCloud account on all your iDevices.
- Make sure to allow iCloud Drive to use cellular data so that your data will continue to sync even when the device is not connected to Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that your iCloud account has enough storage.
- Bear in mind that Apple offers only 5G of free cloud storage when you sign up for Apple ID. So, make sure your iCloud account has the available storage to accommodate the synced data.
- Do note, in India, iCloud currently costs Rs75 per month for 50GB, Rs 219 per month for 200GB, and Rs 749 per month for 2TB of storage space.
iCloud Syncing Issues: Restart Your iDevice
If iCloud doesn’t sync even after you have fulfilled all the requirements mentioned above, then restart all of your devices. Many a time all you need to do to get rid of a common iOS or macOS issue is to restart your devices. Once your device has rebooted, wait for some time to see if the data has synced. If it has, chances are you have got rid of the problem.
Sign Out of Apple ID and Sign Back In
If you still haven’t resolved the iCloud syncing issues on your iOS or macOS device, sign out of your Apple ID and then sign back in.
- On iPhone and iPad: Head over to Settings app > Your Profile > Sign Out.
- On Mac: Navigate to System Preferences and click on Apple ID. After that, click on Overview and hit Sign Out.
Now, restart your device, go to the settings and sign back into your iCloud account. Make sure to use the same account everywhere.
Update Software for iCloud Syncing Issues
If despite doing all this, iCloud syncing continues to be a pain, the problem could be due to outdated software. Yeah, you got right. Outdated software is known for creating many annoying issues. So, if you haven’t updated your device for a long time, the devil could be right in there. Hence, updating the software on all of your devices may help you sort out the issue.
- On iPhone and iPad: Navigate to the Settings app > General > Software Update. Now, download and install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- On Mac: Lunch System Preferences and then click on Software Update. Now, download the latest version of macOS on your device.
After your device has been updated to the latest version of iOS/iPadOS or macOS, check if iCloud has started to sync properly.
That’s pretty much it! So, these are the reliable solutions for fixing iCloud syncing problems on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Hopefully, you have overcome the iCloud-related issues on your devices.
If none of the tipshas worked in solving the iCloud issues, then it’s time to contact the pros. When it comes to fixing issues related to Apple devices, Rapid Repair is the most preferred Apple device repair centre in Delhi and can be easily accessed from almost all parts of India. So, what are you waiting for? Contact our super techies to rescue your iDevice now.