Here is How You Can Easily Fix Wi-Fi Issues For OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 is one of the best Android phones out there. Its biggest appeal is the top-notch specs it comes with but at a relatively affordable price, which makes it a flagship quality phone built for the masses.
Nonetheless, there are a few issues that crop up with the device. Take for instance the Wi-Fi issues that users often have to deal with. Most of these issues are easy enough to rectify to ensure seamless usage.
Here are a few Wi-Fi related issues that are quite common with the OnePlus 7 and how you can resolve them.
1. Unable to connect to the Wi-Fi
- Simply turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone and connect it to your chosen network again.
- You might also want to delete the saved network on your phone and set it up again.
- Restarting your phone also helps in rectifying connectivity issues.
- Check if other devices in your vicinity can connect to the network. If other devices are unable to connect as well, it’s a network issue. To resolve this problem, get in touch with your internet service provider.
2. Device shows connected to the Wi-Fi but there is no internet connection:
- The first thing you should do to remedy this is to restart your Wi-Fi router. Better still, unplug it from the main and wait for at least 30 seconds before you restart the router again.
- Contact your ISP if other devices are also not working with the same router.
3. Internet speed unusually slow
- If this isn’t due to issues with the ISP, it’s likely that you are too far from the router. So, try moving as close as you can to the router.
- Try setting the router antenna in different directions and set it in the position that allows maximum speed.
- You can refer to your Router Manual and Change the Wireless Channel. If there are several other Access Points around you, this might make a lot of difference
- You might also consider installing a Wi-Fi repeater that ensures Wi-Fi signals are able to traverse greater distances.
4. Wi-Fi connection getting dropped
- Check if there are other devices logged on to your network. Consider turning off Wi-Fi for those devices that aren’t needed.
- You should also change your Wi-Fi password to rule out the chances of unwanted users logging on to your network.
- Wi-Fi may also get dropped due to electromagnetic interference. So ensure that the router is not too close to a refrigerator, microwave or any other heavy electrical or electronic device
5. Unable to connect to hotspot of other phones
- This usually occurs if the other phone does not have its data option turned on.
- Also, make sure you are using the right password as an error in the password will restrict your access.
The OnePlus 7 is easily one of the best Android phones given the flagship quality specs it offers while still being affordable. No wonder, this alone has ensured its immense popularity among buyers. Sure there are niggling issues that might crop up once in a while though this is something that applies to other flagship phones as well. In any case, following the above-mentioned steps should help you get around the Wi-Fi issues that often plague OnePlus 7 users worldwide.
Note: Resetting network settings will remove all saved Wireless Passwords from the device. Please proceed with this step only if you are comfortable reconnecting all Wi-Fi networks that you normally use.