How to Change App Icons on iPhone
When it comes to full-on customization, Android has always been considered better than iOS. With all due respect to Google’s mobile operating system, Apple has also shown a keen interest in opening the gateway for a ton of customization with the introduction of iOS 14. And one such prime example is the ability to change app icons on the iPhone.
So, if you no longer wish to be content with the default app icons provided by Apple, we have got you covered with a hands-on guide on how to create cool app icons on your iPhone. Now, if you are wondering how to get started with it, there are a couple of requirements that you need to check off before we start:
- Shortcuts app: It’s available for free and most probably will already be available on your iPhone. If it’s not there, head over to App Store and download this super handy app from Apple.
- App icon changer tools such as Launch Center Pro and App Icon changer: While the App Store is loaded with plenty of app icon changers, we have found these two apps to be quite reliable. What’s more, they let you create custom iPhone app icons for free.
Now that you have a fair idea about what you need to change the app icons on iOS, let’s get going!
Create Custom App Icons on iOS 14
1) First off, install App Icon Changer on your device. The app is pretty easy to use and makes the task of crafting a custom app icon painless.
Once you have installed the app, launch it on your device. Now, tap on the Edit Icons tab at the bottom. Next, tap on the Icon tab.
2) After that, choose the preferred icon. Then, tap on Color and Background tabs and select the desired colour as well as background. After that, tap on the tiny download button to save the custom app icon to the photo library.
Use Shortcut App to Open the Desired App Using the Custom App Icon
After you have crafted app icons using the App Icon Changer app, take advantage of the Shortcut app to open the desired app using the app icon.
- Open Shortcuts app on your iPhone. Now, tap on the “+” button at the top right corner of the screen and then hit the “Add Action” button.
- Now, search for Open App action and tap on it. Then, tap on Choose option. After that, select the iPhone app for which you wish to change the icon. We are going to choose Dropbox.
- Next, tap on the three horizontal dots at the upper right corner of the screen and then enter a suitable name for the shortcut. After that, tap on the “Add to Home Screen” option.
- Next up, enter the name of the shortcut again. Then, tap on the icon. After that, select “Choose the Photo” and then select the app icon which you have just created.
- Finally, tap on Add at the top right and then hit Done to finish. Voila! Now, head over to the home screen, and the newly created app icon will be waiting for you.
That’s how you can change app icons on your iPhone. Take a look at the screenshot below to find out how many cool app icons we have created!
Though iOS maybe a bit late to the world of customization, chances are pretty high that it will soon give a strong competition to Android, which is widely considered as the king.
Personally, we have enjoyed creating nice-looking icons for iOS as they play a key role in personalizing the device. So, if the predefined icons start looking dull to you, you now have the flexibility to bring in your own custom rules.
By the way, what do you have to say about iOS 14 and what are the things that have caught your attention? Feel free to share your two cents with us. Besides, also tell us about the iOS 14 issues you might be facing as our iPhone repair centre is always ready to help you sort out the problems.