iPhone Not Vibrating On Silent or Ring Mode – What To Do?
There are days when the iPhone vibration is not working or it isn’t vibrating while ringing – this is not a common sight in iPhones but users all across the world, irrespective of the model, might face this issue from time to time. While this problem, just like the other problems in an Apple device, can be fixed by the team of techies or the experts attending to iPhone and iPad repair services but before you go to them, there are some of the steps that you can follow at home.
How to Fix Vibration Not Working on iPhone
If your iPhone is not vibrating on silent or ring mode, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the problem:
- Check the Ring/Silent switch: Make sure the Ring/Silent switch on the side of your iPhone is not in the silent position. If the switch is in the silent position, your iPhone won’t vibrate even if you have it set to do so in the settings.
- Check the Volume: Make sure the volume is turned up. Sometimes, if the volume is too low, you might not feel the vibration.
- Check the Settings: Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and make sure the Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent options are both turned on. Also, check if your iPhone is set to use a vibration pattern that you can feel.
- Force Restart your iPhone: Press and hold the power button and home button (or volume down button on iPhone X and later) together until the Apple logo appears. This will restart your iPhone, which can sometimes fix minor software issues.
- Reset All Settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all your settings to their default values. You won’t lose any data, but you’ll need to reconfigure your settings after the reset.
- Update your iPhone: Make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS. Software updates can often fix bugs that cause problems with your device.
Source: The Verge
If none of these steps fix the problem, and your phone is not vibrating, it’s possible that there’s a hardware issue with your iPhone’s vibration motor. In that case, you may need to take your device to an Apple Store or authorised repair centre for further diagnosis and iphone repair.
Read – How Fix to “iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes” error
Fix my iPhone Vibration – How The Experts Can Help You?
If you have tried the troubleshooting steps for your iPhone’s vibration issue and it still doesn’t work, it’s possible that the vibration motor is faulty and needs to be repaired or replaced by a professional. Here are the steps an iPhone repair expert might take to fix your iPhone’s vibration:
- Diagnosis: The repair expert will perform a thorough diagnosis of your iPhone to determine the cause of the vibration issue. They will inspect the vibration motor and check for any physical damage or other issues that may be preventing it from working correctly.
- Replacement: If the vibration motor is damaged, the repair expert will replace it with a new one. They will carefully remove the old motor and install the new one, making sure that all the connections are secure and properly aligned.
- Calibration: After replacing the vibration motor, the repair expert will calibrate it to ensure that it’s working correctly. They will test the vibration motor and adjust the settings as needed to ensure that it’s producing the correct amount of vibration.
- Testing: Once the repair is complete, the repair expert will test your iPhone to make sure that the vibration is working correctly. They may also test other functions of your iPhone to ensure that everything is working as it should.
- Return: Once your iPhone is repaired and tested, the repair expert will return it to you. They may provide you with a warranty on the repair, which will give you peace of mind knowing that you can return it if any issues arise in the future.
It’s important to note that repairing your iPhone’s vibration motor can be a delicate process, and it’s always best to seek the help of a professional iPhone repair expert rather than attempting to fix it yourself. This will ensure that your iPhone is repaired correctly and that you don’t accidentally cause further damage to your device.
iPhone Not Vibrating – Top Yesteryear Models That Faced This Issue
There have been reports of vibration issues with various iPhone models over the years. Some of the notable models, with the iPhone not vibrating issue, include:
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus – Some users reported that their iPhone 7 or 7 Plus had a rattling sound when vibrating.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus – There were reports of a similar issue with the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, where the vibration motor was too loud and made an unpleasant sound.
- iPhone X – Some users reported that the iPhone X’s vibration motor would stop working or become very weak over time.
- iPhone XS and XS Max – Some users reported that their iPhone XS or XS Max had a weaker vibration motor compared to older models.
- iPhone 11 and 11 Pro – Some users reported that their iPhone 11 or 11 Pro had an intermittent or inconsistent vibration motor.
It’s worth noting that not all iPhone models have experienced vibration issues, and even among those that have, the issues are not necessarily widespread. If you’re experiencing vibration issues with your iPhone, it’s always a good idea to contact Apple Support or take your device to an authorised repair centre for assistance.
Read –20 Common iPhone Problems & Solutions in 2023