iPad 10 – Apple’s Innovation for the New-Shaped iPad in 2022
Apple goes beyond the ordinary when it comes to their iPads. Precisely why? Because the iPad is one specific device that Apple tends to cater to all the different types of consumers that are there in the markets. That is why you can see a variety of entry-level iPads, followed by what we know as iPad Air (pretty similar to iPad’s 9th generation) and now a newcomer that is seen as the 10th generation iPad.
Apart from the iPad and iPad Air, the iPad Pro versions are what Apple describes as the perfect tab experience and it is fair to say that none can beat the Apple iPad Pro versions if we’re talking about tablets and tablets only.
We’re here specifically to address the latter and to see what’s going on inside this 10th generation iPad by performing an iPad 10 teardown for you. Tighten your belts as we explore the differences between the iPad Pro teardown, iPad Air teardown, and iPad teardown because we know you know your gadgets pretty well. Let’s begin.
iPad 10th Generation Teardown
Released last month, in the second half of October, the iPad 10th generation is very much an entry-level iPad but with revolutionary changes to its overall style and design. Why did Apple decide to change the shape and feel of this iPad and yet has kept it beneath the iPad Air and iPad Pro models? There’s a very straightforward marketing strategy that is paying great dividends for Apple.
Just when we think Apple’s decision to start selling their iPad 10th generation models at $449 in the United States and £499 in the United Kingdom was a great decision, we find out that Apple’s market value has exceeded the combined might of Meta, Alphabet, and Amazon.
Now is the time to drop that reaction if there’s any! At one end, Apple’s turnover has crossed $2.307 trillion in the year 2022. And on the other end, the market caps for the three giants fell narrowly short sitting at $2.306 trillion. This is a big statement and certainly changing their strategy in the past 2-3 years has brought Apple to this strong position in the global market.
Now we know why the 10th generation iPad is priced so much and what are the benefits of coming out with a brand new entry-level iPad when Apple was already selling an entry-level tablet at a lower price.
Now that we talked about pricing, let us move to the design.
iPad 10 Teardown – The Design and Overall Appearance
The 10th generation iPad has these noticeable design changes:
- Bye Bye Curves, Flatter Edges – as we said earlier, Apple has moved away from the curves and welcomed flatter edges giving the overall appearance a different look than most iPad predecessors.
- Touch ID – the presence of Touch ID makes it one of the few entry-level Apple products to use Touch ID. Users will be thrilled to find it as they purchase the new 10th-generation iPad.
- Wider and Slimmer Body – a newer generation brings forward a more powerful device and that is the case even with this iPad. Compared to the iPad Pro teardown and iPad Air teardown, the wider and slimmer body makes it feel different.
Bigger than its predecessor, the 10th gen iPad measures 248.6 x 179.5 x 7mm that is quite wider and slimmer than the iPad Pro and iPad Air models.
Unique and Bright Colors – never seen before, the 10th generation iPad comes in 4 different bright colors in Blue, Pink, Yellow, and Silver.
Apart from these, the use of Touch ID on the power button leaves a lot of space for a sleek and trendy design towards the home button. The whole bar has been modified to add to the stylish overall appearance.
Another addition is the Smart Connector on the left edge and the FaceTime HD camera has moved to the right edge rather than being positioned at the top of the display screen.
Technology and Software
Now that we’re done talking about the colors, overall appearance, and everything we see from outside – let us jump to what’s powering this 10th generation iPad from the inside. Here are the new additions in terms of software, hardware, and technology.
- Technicalities – single camera lens on the rear, USB-C port at the bottom, and flanking speakers on each side of the port.
- Display – a larger display than its predecessor, the iPad 10th generation model has a 10.2 inch retina display with a 2160 x 1620 pixel resolution. That equals a pixel density of 264 ppi. If your iPad screen has been shattered, talk or chat with a tech expert now and get it repaired from the best in your city.
- Hardware and other Specifications – the 10th generation iPad runs on an A14 bionic chip making it an upgrade from the 9th generation iPad despite being the entry-level iPad as designated by Apple. The same A14 chips also power the iPad Air (2020) and the iPhone 12 models.
- Storage – the storage options are similar to the 9th generation – starting with a 64GB variant and extending up to 256GB.
- Software – the iPadOS 16 is the powerful software that has been truly designed for the 10th generation iPad in 2022. Despite being launched in October end, the new features are yet to be explored fully and that might be the case in the coming days.
You can read about the rumors that are vividly everywhere online. Want a quick fix for your broken iPad Pro or iPad Air screen? Have other technical glitches or complaints? The city-wide experts can help pick up your device, get it fixed and return it to you in record time. Click here.
Also Read: iPad Pro 11” Teardown – 2021