Ways To Restart An iPad That Won’t Turn On
What can be a worse nightmare, than to find out that your iPad is not turning On? Tried several times pressing down the power button but unfortunately, it is not responding. But then, do iPads really just stop working all of a sudden? Relax… there is no need to panic. There are several things that you can try on your own before you take it to any iPad repair center in Delhi. Follow the below methods if your iPad won’t turn On and one of them will surely help you with your dead device.
Charge fully and then try to turn it On
The most common issue for an iPad that won’t turn On can be a weak and exhausted battery. Like smartphones, iPad suspends and gets locked automatically soon after a few minutes of being in an inactive mode. But that doesn’t stop the apps from working, as they are still active and receive notifications and also uses up the charge even if the iPad is in sleep mode, therefore draining off the battery. This can cause the iPad to get drained out and go off overnight, and it may lead to a condition that even the empty battery icon is not displayed. As the iPad has a larger battery than the iPhone, it has to be charged continuously for a minimum of an hour with a proper power adapter and not via a USB cable connected to a computer. Also check out the how iPhone 6 battery replacement is done easily.
But then how long does a dead iPad takes to start? If you think that your iPad is not getting charged properly, you can leave it overnight to get longer hours of continuous charge until it is back to life the next day. In some instances, you may see the red empty battery icon flash thrice and then going off with the screen going black, which is probably due to insufficient power from the charge. In that case, you may want to switch to another charger and make sure it is connected to the mains.
Reset Your iPad
Sometimes Apple software crashes, and that may be the cause for your iPad not starting up. In such cases, you need to go for a force restart – also called a hard reset. This clears most of your iPad’s unwanted memory.
To reset your iPad, hold the sleep or the wake button, placed on the top right of the tablet while holding onto the home button simultaneously. Keep holding onto both the buttons till your iPad restarts with the Apple logo appearing on the screen, which may probably take around 15 seconds or so.
Restart Your iPad
In some situations, the iPad may be on, but the screen will be dark, due to the display not working properly. What first aid can you try to fix this? You can try to force a restart to get your iPad back in action.
First, press the sleep button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to the right to turn off the iPad. Hold on for 2 more minutes, and then press the sleep button again till you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Try The Recovery Mode
If none of the previous solutions have worked, then you need to go for the recovery mode and restore the factory settings. But then you must remember that if you opt for this; it will clear all the data on your iPad, which may be recovered from a recent back-up, if the data is backed up on iCloud. Be very careful before trying the recovery mode!
Here is how you can put your iPad to recovery mode.
- First make sure that your iPad is switched off. This can be done by holding the sleep/wake button and then dragging the slider to the off position.
- Then plug your iPad with a USB cable to Mac or a PC running the latest version of iTunes.
- While it is still connected, hold on the Home button on the iPad. Keep it in the hold position till you see the message – Connect to iTunes. (Release the button and repeat the same process if you are unable to reach this screen in the first go)
- As soon as you see the screen displaying a lightening, arrow and a red iTunes icon, you can slowly release the Home button.
- iTunes will then automatically display a pop-up with a message that it has detected an iPad in the recovery mode. Once you click the OK button it will get restored to factory defaults. Once you have done this, it will erase all the data on the device, but this you will be able to restore it later from a previous back-up from iCloud.
Check-Out if the Damage is Bigger
As the iPads are bigger than iPhones in size, they are more susceptible to physical damages and must be handled with care. They are more likely to slip off your hands and break. Sometimes it can also get damaged by liquids spilling on them or getting immersed in the pool which can cause water damage to the iPad.
To check if there are any physical or liquid damage that has occurred to your iPad, the first thing to do is to give it a good visual inspection. If you are using iPhone, you may also know the tips to fix a cracked iPhone screen.
- If the screen of your iPad is cracked anywhere, however minute it might look initially
- If the charging port of the iPad has got any dust or dirt accumulated in it. If there is, use a soft brush very carefully to clean it
- If there is any presence of liquid between the layers of the screen
- Check if all the buttons are working properly
- Also, check if there is no water present inside the speaker grills of the iPad
If by any chance some minor damage has occurred to your iPad, you can get it replaced from Apple if it’s under warranty. But if the warranty has already lapsed or there is significant damage, Apple will not repair for free or replace especially if there is liquid or physical damage to the device. In that case, your best bet in Rapid Repair. They are trustworthy Apple Experts and if anyone can get your dead iPad up and running again, it’s these guys! You don’t need to worry about how long does a dead iPad take to turn on, if you have entrusted the job to the best techies in town, they can fix them up in no time. No matter how big or small the issue may be, you iPad will come back to life.
Apple devices are sophisticated and you need the help of experts and the best reliable service in the field, whether it is iPhone repair or iPad service and repair delhi. Rapid Repair is your one-stop solution for all these issues and assures you quick and prompt service, unique door-step delivery together with a stand-by-device. Contact us today!