OnePlus Launcher 4.3.3 – Hide Icon Label and Dark Theme for Shelf
A new version of the OnePlus Launcher is out and is available for all OnePlus devices running on Oxygen OS10 based on Android 10. This include devices like the OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T,OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro.
As per the latest Launcher update, users will now be able to hide the icon labels, which will make things look a bit uncluttered. With the Hide icon labels enabled, you won’t be seeing the text describing each icon, and hence get a neater look.
Here is how the Hide icon labels feature can be enabled
- Open OnePlus Launcher settings.
- There you will find a new option called Hide icon labels.
- Toggle the switch ON, to enable the feature.
- Once it is done, go to the Home screen and you will now see just the icons, with no text accompanying the same.
- Worth mentioning, the feature only works for icons in the Home screen and in folders.
- The app icons will still have the accompanying text descriptions in the app drawer.
Nonetheless, the feature is still great as it makes the Home screen a lot more clean and inviting. Also, the icons already are self-descriptive and should not require a separate text label to describe the same.
The other change introduced with version 4.3.3 of the OnePlus Launcher is the black theme for Shelf. This will replace the dark grey theme that the Shelf was done up in, so far. The current black theme is enabled to match the rest of the dark themed interfaces available in Oxygen OS 10.
Here are the steps to enable the black theme for Shelf
- Go to Settings and then Customization.
- In the Customization page, tap on Preset Theme.
- In the pop-up box that opens, tap on Nuanced Dark option.
- A confirmation box will launch, asking, ‘Do you want to apply this theme?’. Tap on Apply, for the change to take effect.
- This should hardly take a second or two.
- Once it’s done, check by scrolling from left to right on the Home screen.
- The Shelf will now be shown in a dark theme that is entirely black, as opposed to the previous theme that was only dark grey.
Moreover, it is worth noting that the Shelf is replaced by Google Discover in the carrier-locked smartphones in the U.S.
How to upgrade to Launcher 4.3.3?
OnePlus has made the updated launcher available in the Play Store. So, check if you are getting it in your region. If it is available, just download and install the same on your phone. Else, you can source the updated launcher from the internet and try updating manually.