OxygenOS 10.3.6 Update – Everything You Need to Know
The much-awaited OxygenOS 10.3.6 update has finally arrived. Looking at the notable performance improvements and bug fixes, it deserves a closer look.
If you are in two minds about the OxygenOS 10.3.6 update or simply curious to figure out what it has in store for your OnePlus smartphone, we can help you clear out the doubts. So, let us take the 10.3.6 update for a quick spin!
Which OnePlus Smartphones Support OxygenOS 10.3.6?
OnePlus has confirmed that OxygenOS 10.3.6 is optimized for OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, and 7T devices. As expected, the OTA update is being rolled out in phases, so you may have to wait for some time before the latest iteration of OxygenOS reaches your device.
The OxygenOS 10.3.6 update includes the much-awaited Android security patch. So apart from getting rid of bugs and improving performance, the update has also enhanced the security aspect.
Once the OxygenOS 10.3.6 update is available for your device, you will receive a notification to update it. Then, you can head over to Settings on your Android device and choose System Updates. After that, you will be able to update your device to the latest version of software.
Just in case you want to offer up feedback regarding the update, make sure to check out the Community app. So, whether the update seems to get stuck or appears to be buggy, take advantage of the Community app to express your views.
OxygenOS 10.3.6 Features and Changes
Having given a close look at the OxygenOS 10.3.6 software update, we can clearly say that it is fully focused on enhancing the performance of your OnePlus smartphone. Considering that the previous version of the operating system was embroiled in too many issues, the focus on improving the performance seems to be the way to go.
Talking about the bug fixes, the software update has resolved several issues. Here are some of the major ones:
- OxygenOS 10.3.6 has sorted out the alarm clock issue that prevented the alarm from ringing in certain scenarios.
- The update has also resolved the Messages app issues that prevented it from working properly.
- Several third-party apps have faced annoying flashback issue in the previous version of the OxygenOS. If you have also run into this problem, you would be glad to know that the software update has resolved it.
- A large number of OnePlus users have reported that the operating system was rather unstable due to several issues in the older version. Whether it’s app crashing or random freezing of the screen or the sluggishness, the operating system was plagued with a series of problems. Several of these issues are fixed in this update.
- The company has confirmed that OnePlus 6/6T and 7/7T devices will receive the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 software update as well. So, if you are willing to give a try to the latest iteration of Android on your OnePlus device, this news would be sort of music to your ears.
Largely due to the ability to offer a seamless stock Android experience, OnePlus smartphones are widely considered to be the cream of all Android devices. Though they are by and large, still the best in terms of offering smooth and snapper experience, the recent software updates haven’t lived up to the expectation at times.
Hopefully, the latest OxygenOS update is stable and less buggy than its predecessor. What do you have to say about this update? Feel free to share your two cents with us and also tell us about the changes you would like to say in the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 software update.
Read Also – OnePlus Watch – Rumors, Leaks, and Features