Quick Tips to prolong your iPhone’s battery life
All batteries tend to deplete over time. Prolonging battery life requires careful monitoring and calibrating your device so it works perfectly for longer periods. All kinds of batteries have a defined number of cycles of charging and discharging. These can be further elongated by using the device at optimal conditions. Numerous apps available on the App Store help you better visualize your iPhone’s battery health and therefore, enable you to maintain required battery level at all times. Some also interfere with the charging as they stop the device from getting fully charged or discharged by warning you periodically. Here are a few quick tips to help you prolong your iPhone battery life.
Without proper monitoring, it becomes impossible to determine the health level of your iPhone battery. You can check the health of your iPhone battery by going on settings and clicking on battery. Then go to battery health where you can see the maximum capacity of your iPhone battery. There are also some apps which help you closely study your iPhone battery life and provide useful recommendations about when to charge and how to set up your device settings to maximize battery usage. Use any one of these apps to ensure you have in-depth information at all times.
- Auto-Brightness: Screen brightness is one of the primary reasons device batteries deteriorate over time. With auto-brightness switched on in your iPhone, you can ensure that the device will handle the phone’s battery consumption based on the lighting conditions of your environment by automatically changing the brightness of your display.
- Auto-Lock Time: The time it takes your device to lock itself increases execution period and screen time,which are often not necessary. Therefore, by decreasing the auto-lock time your device will lock itself as soon as you are done working on it. This will significantly improve battery life if you tend to use your iPhone intermittently most of the day.
- Wi-Fi vs. Mobile Data: Using internet services from your service provider often drains your battery more than accessing internet through your Wi-Fi. So it is highly recommended that you use Wi-Fi networks as much as possible to maintain a good battery life. This not only improves the overall performance of your device but also helps you reduce network bandwidth costs.
- Low Power Mode: Low power mode ensures that users can prolong device activity by decreasing battery consumption due to apps running in the background. You will not receive instant notifications from your apps but your device will function much longer than usual. By using low power mode at all times, you can significantly improve battery usage as the time for discharge increases significantly.
- App and iOS updates: To increase performance and improve user experience, app developers and iOS operating system developers continuously provide updates to your installed apps and the operating systems. These updates not only improve the graphics and overall experience but also help increase battery life by consuming less power and increasing usability through effective design principles. Therefore it is highly recommended to keep all your apps along with your iOS operating system updated on your iPhone.
In conclusion, to improve your iPhone battery life you have to monitor the battery health regularly while keeping all your apps updated. Reduce auto-lock time, enable auto-brightness, and use Wi-Fi instead of mobile data. These simple tips will result in a significant increase in battery longevity. Eventually when you need an iPhone Battery replacement, our team of experts at Rapid Repair will be glad to help you.